More Recipes You May Like
- 90g cellophane noodles
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp minced fresh ginger
- 2 cooked chicken breast halves, shredded (about 2 )
- 1 carrot
- 1 shredded cabbage
- 2 tbsps reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsps freshly spring onions
- 12 spring roll wrappers
- Lettuce leaves
How to make Chicken and vegetable spring rolls
1) Soak the cellophane noodles in hot water for 10 minutes, until tender.
2) Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and ginger and cook for 1 minute. Add the chicken, carrot, cabbage and soy sauce and cook for 2 minutes, until the vegetables wilt. Stir in the noodles and spring onions and toss to combine.
3) Arrange the spring roll wrappers on a flat surface. Top each wrapper with an equal amount of chicken mixture across the centre (from point to point). Roll up the bottom point, tuck in the sides then roll up. Using moistened fingers, wet the last point and roll up to seal.
4) Arrange the lettuce leaves in the bottom of a steamer basket or colander over simmering water. Place the spring rolls on the lettuce, cover and steam for 5 minutes, until the wrappers are translucent.