1. For the pickle, dissolve sugar and red wine vinegar over a medium heat.
2. Add chopped chilli and cook for a few more minutes.
3. Pour over sliced onion (in tray). Cover and set aside.
4. Place chicken into tray and add garlic, lime and chilli.
5. Season with salt and pepper. Massage together, then clingfilm and refrigerate.
6. To finish, rub marinade off chicken, heat up a non-stick griddle pan and char-grill chicken.
1. Remove onions from pickle and spread on serving board.
2. Slice cooked chicken, then finish off with cress.