1) Heat two knobs of butter in a pan and mix in shallot until melted.Add mushrooms, stirring all the time.
2) As the mushrooms start to soften, add tomato puree and keep stirring.
3) Add a shot of brandy and flambe it, shaking the pan continuously.
The moment the flames stop, add fresh tomatoes and chicken stock.
4) Stir, and reduce it by one third and add cream.
5) Bring it up to the boil and reduce until the sauce just starts to thicken.
Add the salt and pepper to taste.
6) Stir again while shaking the pan over the heat. Serve as an accompaniment.