Made this? How was it?
For the quesadillas:
- 12 corn tortillas, preferably white
- 175g Cheddar, Monterey Jack or Colby cheese, thinly
- 1 tbsp pickled jalapenos
- 85g shredded cooked chicken
- 60g unsalted
For the salsa and topping:
- 450g vine-ripened tomatoes (about 2 tomatoes)
- 1/4 small red onion
- 2 to 3 tbsp coriander
- Hot sauce such as chipotle or Mexican green chilli sauce to taste (about 0.5 tsp)
- 1 avocado, halved, seeded and
How to make Chicken, chilli and cheese quesadillas
1) Lay six of the tortillas on the work surface, and divide the cheese, jalapenos and chicken among the tortillas (it's best to leave a border about 2cm wide uncovered on the edge of the tortilla to allow for the spread of the melting cheese). Top with the remaining tortillas and press gently to seal.
2) Melt 1 tbsp ofin a small frying pan or skillet. Carefully place a quesadilla in the pan and fry, turning once, until golden and little bubbles appear on both sides, 4 to 5 minutes in all. Repeat with the remaining quesadillas, wiping out the pan between batches if the burns.
3) While the quesadillas cook make the salsa. Halve the tomatoes andthem on the largest holes of a box grater into a bowl, discarding the skins. the onion into the tomato and stir in the coriander, hot sauce and salt, to taste.
4) Cut quesadillas into four wedges with a pizza wheel or knife and serve with the salsa andof avocado.