2) Pour in the hot milk and stock and stir until thickened and smooth. Fold in the chicken meat and allow to cool.
3) Shape 75g portions of croquette batter in the shape of a cone and place on a tray lined with waxed paper.
4) Next make an egg wash from the eggs, remaining milk and salt. Dip the croquettes in the egg wash then into the remaining flour and allow to stand a few minutes.
5) Finish breading by dipping the croquettes back into the egg wash and then rolling in breadcrumbs.
6) Fry the croquettes in a pan with salad oil or liquid shortening, heated to 180C, until golden brown (2 to 3 minutes). Drain well and blot on paper towels. Place on a bed of mashed potatoes and top each croquette with chicken gravy.
1) Melt the butter in a 1L or 2L saucepan, and stir in the flour. Pour in the stock and whisk until smooth.
2) Bring to a boil, reduce the heat and cook for 20 minutes. Add the fresh parsley, white pepper and salt, to taste (if fresh stock was used).