1) Heat the oven to 200C/Gas 6.
2) Tear the bread into pieces and place on baking sheet. Toast bread until deep golden brown (about 10 minutes). Transfer to a food processor and coarsely grind into breadcrumbs.
3) While the bread toasts, tenderise the chicken breasts to 1/2-cm thick. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Coat the chicken with flour, reserve. Beat egg with splash of water in shallow dish.
4) Transfer the breadcrumbs to a plate and season with the herbs and poultry seasoning.
5) Heat a thin layer of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
6) Coat the chicken in the egg then breadcrumbs and add to the pan.
7) Saute until golden and firm, 3 to 4 minutes on each side.