Made this? How was it?
- 110g breadcrumbs
- 50g Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- A little fresh nutmeg
- A handful flat-leaf parsley, finely
- 1 orange, zested
- 140g plain flour
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 4 small boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Olive oil or vegetable oil, for frying
- 2 seedless oranges
- 2 yellow or orange tomatoes, seeded,
- 1 sprig fresh oregano, leaves finely , optional
- 1/2 small red onion or 2-3 spring onions, (optional)
- 2 tbsps extra-virgin olive oil
- 300g rocket leaves
How to make Chicken cutlets with orange and rocket
1) Combine the breadcrumbs, cheese, nutmeg, parsley and orange zest in a shallow bowl. Put the flour in another bowl and the eggs in a third bowl.
2) Cut the chicken breasts horizontally, being sure not to cut all the way through to the other side so it will open like a book. Once the chicken is butterflied, lightly pound the chicken between waxed paper, parchment or cling film into four large, very thin cutlets. Season the cutlets with salt and pepper and coat with the flour, then the egg and then the breadcrumbs.
3) Heat 1cm of frying oil in very large skillet over medium to medium-high heat. When the oil is hot, add the cutlets one or two at a time, depending on the size of the pan. As cutlets are done, transfer to a baking rack to drain. Cutlets may be served room temperature but you want them to remain crisp.
4) While the cutlets cook, working next to the stove, peel and section the oranges and. Add them to a large bowl along with the tomatoes, oregano, if using, onion, extra-virgin olive oil and salt and pepper, to taste. Toss and when ready to serve fold in the rocket leaves.
Transfer the cutlets to serving plates and top with mounds of orange and rocket salad before serving.
- Turkey cutlets with gravy and raw s...
- Savoury eggs with peas and shallots...
- Parmigiano and herb chicken breast....
- Brick in the wall bird with salsa v...
- Chicken paillard
- Blue-rocket burgers
- Maple-glazed pork chops
- Turkey cutlets with sausage and cou...
- Chicken and peaches
- Pork cutlets with beer and bacon gr...
- Pork cutlets with beer and rasher b...
- Turkey scallopini