1. Place the chicken in a large bowl.
2. Add the garlic, ginger cardamom, pepper and some salt.
3. Mix well, cover and marinate in the fridge for 30 minutes to an hour.
4. Heat the oil in a wide pan over a medium -high heat until hot.
5. Sear the chicken pieces in batches a minute on each side so that the chicken has a golden caramel coating.
6. Once you have done all the chicken pieces put back into the pan and add water or stock to deglaze the pan.
7. Now add the yoghurt and coconut milk with the lime zest and chillies.
8. Simmer until the chicken is tender.
9. Squeeze over the juice of lime and garnish with the chopped coriander.
10. Adjust seasoning and serve.
11.Serve on a platter garnished with chopped coriander.