Made this? How was it?
- 60g finely mint leaves
- 35g ginger
- 2 tbsp tamarind water
- 10g brown sugar
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 4 tbsp grapeseed oil, plus 2 tbsp
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless, cut into 3cm cubes
- Special Equipment: 4 metal or bamboo skewers
How to make Chicken kebabs
1) Preheat the oven to 190C/Gas 5.
2) In a large bowl, mix together the mint, ginger, tamarind water, sugar, garam masala and 4 tbsp of oil. Add the chicken and mix it well. Cover and allow to marinate in the fridge for 30 minutes to 2 hours.
3) Thread the chicken onto the 4 skewers. Add the remaining oil to a pan on a medium to high heat. Sear the chicken kebabs, turning frequently and basting with the remaining marinade for about 1 to 2 minutes per side, until the chicken is browned.
4) Finish cooking the chicken in the oven for 5 to 10 minutes. Cut a piece of chicken open with a small knife to test for doneness.
Cook's Note: If using bamboo skewers, cover with water and soak overnight.