1. For the dressing: Add the mustard, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, anchovies, garlic and lemon juice to a blender or food processor. Pulse the processor or blend on low speed for several seconds. Scrape the sides and pulse again until everything is fairly smooth. With the food processor or blender running, drizzle in the olive oil in a small stream. Scrape the sides and mix again to thoroughly combine. Add the cheese and pulse to combine. Taste, adding salt and pepper if needed. Refrigerate the dressing for a few hours before using it on the salad.
2. the croutons: Preheat the oven to 120°C. Put the bread cubes on a baking sheet. Heat the olive oil in a small saucepan or skillet over low heat. Crush the garlic and add it to the oil, using a spoon to move the garlic around in the pan. After cooking 3 to 5 minutes, turn off the heat and remove the garlic from the pan.
3. Drizzle the olive oil over the bread cubes and mix together until the bread is well coated. Sprinkle lightly with salt. Bake, shaking the baking sheet occasionally, until the cubes are lightly browned and crisp, 45 minutes to an hour. Let cool.
4. For the salad: Put the kale in a bowl and add the sliced roasted chicken. Use a vegetable peeler to shave off large, thin slices of Parmesan over the leaves. Drizzle about half of the dressing over the top of the kale and toss gently to coat. Add the croutons and toss again. Add more dressing if needed. Shave more Parmesan over when serving.
5. Roasted chicken breasts: Preheat the oven to 170°C. rizzle the chicken breasts with olive oil and sprinkle with the thyme, oregano, paprika and some salt and pepper. Put the chicken on a foil-lined roasting pan and roast until cooked through, 30 to 40 minutes.
Yield: 12 chicken breasts
Recipe courtesy of Ree Drummond