More Recipes You May Like
- 50 ml chicken stock
- 100g butter
- 200g plain white flour
- 50ml water
- 30g Stilton cheese, cubed
- 50ml double cream
- 200g chicken thigh, bone removed and
- 1 cooked ham,
- 1 leek,
- Beaten egg to brush pastry
How to make Chicken leek ham pie
1) Combine the butter, flour and water in a food processor to make the pastry dough. Rest for an hour. Roll out the pastry on a floured work surface then cut into two discs (only one is needed for this recipe). Place on a lined baking tray and brush the tops with the beaten egg. Cook in an oven at 200 degrees C for 7 minutes until golden.
2) In a pan, brown the chicken in olive oil for 3 minutes, then add the leeks and cook for a further minute. Add the stock and the cream and cook for another minute. Finally, add the ham and the cheese, take off the heat and stir through until the mixture becomes gooey. Put back on the heat if necessary.
3) Place the cooked pie filling in a bowl and top with a cooked pastry disc.