2) Turn the chicken strips in the flour and thyme (you could toss them about in a freezer bag), and then melt the butter in the pan before adding the floury chicken and all the flour left in the bag. Stir around with the bacon and mushrooms until the chicken begins to colour.
3) Pour in the hot stock and Marsala, stirring to form a sauce, and let this bubble away for about 5 minutes.
4) Make a pastry rim for each of your pots for the pies, by curling a 1cm strip of pastry around the top of the pots. Dampen the edges to make them stick.
5) Cut a circle bigger than the top of each pie-pot for the lid, and then divide the chicken filling between the two pots.
6) Dampen the edges of the pastry circle and then pop on the top of each pie, sealing the edges with your fingers or the underneath of the prongs of a fork.
7) Cook the pies for about 20 minutes, turning them around half way through cooking. Once cooked, they should puff up magnificently.