1) Preheat the broiler. Remove papery outer layer from tomatillos then rinse them in warm water to remove some of their natural stickiness. Pat dry, then cut into quarters. Toss tomatillos and poblano with 2 teaspoons of the oil, place on a baking sheet and broil until charred, about 10 minutes.
2) Heat a large saute pan over medium heat. Add pumpkin seeds, peppercorns, allspice, and cumin and toast until pumpkin seeds are fragrant, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
3) In same saute pan, heat 2 tsp oil over medium heat. Add onions and cook until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes, add the garlic and cook for 1 minute more.
4) Place tomatillos, poblano, onions and garlic, coriander, chicken , jalapeno, toasted seeds and spices and salt in a blender and blend on high until totally smooth, about 30 seconds.
5) Heat the remaining 2 tsp olive oil in skillet and cook the chicken until browned on both sides and nearly cooked through, about 5 minutes per side. Add pepian sauce to skillet, covering chicken pieces. Bring to a simmer and cook an additional 3 to 5 minutes, until chicken is cooked through. Serve chicken topped with sauce and garnished with coriander and lime wedges.
(1 serving equals 1 chicken breast and 2/3 cup sauce)
Calories 440; Total Fat 23 g; (Sat Fat 4 g, Mono Fat 6.5 g, Poly Fat 2.5 g) ; Protein 43 g; Carb 15 g; Fiber 4 g; Cholesterol 95 mg; Sodium 400 mg
Excellent source of: Protein, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, Iron, Phosphorus, Potassium, Selenium
Good source of: Fiber, Vitamin A, Thiamin, Riboflavin, Pantothenic Acid, Copper, Magnesium, Manganese, Zinc