Made this? How was it?
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 small onion,
- 2 tbsp crushed garlic
- 2 jalapenos, finely
- 1.35L low-sodium chicken stock
- 1 (400g) tin fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 (400g) tin black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 2 limes, juiced, plus wedges for garnish
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 225g roughly fresh coriander leaves
- 1 (20cm) flour tortilla, grilled, cut into thin strips
- 1 avocado, pitted,
- 225g shredded Monterrey cheese
How to make Chicken tortilla soup
1) In a large saucepan heat the vegetable oil. Add the onions and cook for two minutes. Once the onions have softened add the garlic and jalapenos and cook for another minute. Pour the chicken broth, tomatoes and beans into the pot and bring to a boil. Once at a boil lower heat to simmer and add your chicken breasts. Cook the chicken for 20 to 25 minutes. Once chicken is cooked remove from pot. When cool enough to handle shred it and set it aside.
2) Add lime juice and fresh coriander to the pot. In a serving bowl add a mound of shredded chicken. Ladle soup over chicken and top with a lime wedge, grilled tortilla strips, avocadoand cheese.
- Three-bean soup with turkey meatbal...
- Black bean soup with mojo
- Buttery Baby Pea Soup with Pan Gril...
- Herb Chicken Soup with Spring Veget...
- Thai curry chicken noodle soup
- Split pea soup with ham hocks
- Cannellini bean soup with kale and....
- Southwestern soup
- Black Bean Soup
- French French beans
- Curried split pea soup
- Buttery baby pea soup with pan grid...