Recipe by Ina Garten
- 1 1/2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice from 2 lemons
- 60ml good olive oil
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 3 heads chicory
- 3 ripe Haas avocados, peeled and seeded
How to make Chicory and avocado salad
1)together the mustard, lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper to make a vinaigrette.
2) Remove 1cm from the stem end of each head of chicory, discard the core, and cut the rest across into 2cm chunks.
3) Cut the avocados into largeor wedges. Toss the avocados and chicory with the vinaigrette. Season, to taste, and serve at room temperature.
Note: Haas avocados are the dark bumpy-skinned ones – the green smooth-skinned ones don't have nearly as much flavour.