Chilli chicken with jasmine rice
Turn up the heat in your soup by adding red chillies.
Notes: I love a chilli chicken stir-fry with plenty of sauce - this is an easy delicious recipe you can make at home without the use of bought-in sauces. It is chilli, tangy and sweet with plenty of heat from the ginger. Add some cooked noodles or serve with rice and the results are fabulous.
1) For the rice: place the rice in a heavy-bottomed saucepan, and add the boiling water. Bring the mixture to a boil, and then cover it with a tight-fitting lid, and reduce the heat to low. Cook for 15 to 20 minutes.
2) Uncover the pan, and remove it from the heat. Fluff up the rice grains with a fork, and serve immediately.
3) For the sauce: in a blender, puree the garlic, tomatoes, ginger, chopped chile, red pepper, water, ketchup, and brown sugar.
4) For the chicken: heat a wok over a high heat, and add the groundnut oil. Add the chicken to the hot pan, and stir-fry for two to three minutes, or until the pieces start to turn brown. Add the courgettes and red peppers and stir-fry together for another one minute. Pour in the sauce, and bring everything to a boil.
5) Season the dish with the soy sauce, garnish with the spring onions and serve immediately with the jasmine rice.