- 1 kg beef mince
- 400 g red kidney beans
- 400 g mexican style beans
- 2 brown onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 800 g tomato
- 2 tablespoons tomato pur�e
- 2 tablespoons garlic
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoons fresh chilli pepper
- 2 water
- 2 tablespoons instant bouillon granules
- 2 tasty cheese
How to make Chilli Con Carne Nacho Dipper!
- Preheat oven to 160°C Heat a couple of teaspoons of oil in a large pan and cook the mince on high heat until it's completely browned. Put the mince aside in a large casserole dish.
- Use a can of red kidney beans, wash them thoroughly under running water and drain.
- Heat the remaining oil in the same pan on medium heat. Add the onion and garlic (I use minced from a jar) and cook until onion is soft. Add and spices and cook (about 1 minute until aromatic).
- Add tomato paste and cook a few more minutes on low heat You can add some sugar if you dont have tomato paste.
- Add canned diced tomato (I like to use canned roma tomatoes) and 2 cups of water and the 2 tbs of stock (vegetable or beef), and bring to the boil for a couple of minutes.
- Pour tomato mixture into the casserole dish with the mince.
- Add the drained red kidney beans and stir until well combined. Add the Jackel beans and stir in well.
- Bake the mixture, covered, for about 1 1/2 hour in fan forced oven.
- Put 1 serve in a bowl (about 100gm) with a spoon full of shredded cheese on top, a dollop of sour cream and/or fresh mashed avocado, with 30-50 gm corn chips on the side for dipping.
(Courtesy of Food.com)