Made this? How was it?
- 250g mango, peeled, pitted and roughly
- 70g coriander leaves
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo, plus 1 tbsp adobo sauce
- 2 tbsp unseasoned rice wine vinegar
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp grapeseed oil, plus extra for griddle
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- 1kg chicken thighs and drumsticks, bone-in, skin-on
How to make Chipotle Mango Barbecue Chicken
1) Put the mango, coriander, chipotle, vinegar, garlic, lemon juice, 1 tbsp of oil, and salt and pepper in a food processor and puree until smooth. Adjust seasonings, to taste.
2) Add the chicken with half the mango mixture to a resealable plastic bag, and massage to coat the chicken with the sauce. Refrigerate at least 6 hours to marinate.
3) Put the other half of the mango mixture into a small saucepan and simmer over low heat until thick, stirring often, about 15 minutes. Set some of the simmered chipotle-mango sauce aside to serve on the side. Use the rest to baste the chicken.
4) Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium-high heat and brush with oil. Remove the chicken from the marinade and put on the grill.
5) Grill the chicken turning and basting about every 5 minutes with the mango sauce until cooked through, about 20 to 25 minutes. Transfer to a serving platter and serve with the reserved mango sauce.
- Chicken or Steak with Balsamic BBQ....
- Streaky bacon wrapped prawns with c...
- Chinese chicken salad
- Pad Thai chicken burger
- Toasted spice salmon burgers with o...
- Tongue tantalizing barbecue pork
- Duck, duck, delicious burgers
- Green chilli cheeseburgers
- Battered chicken wings with pomegra...
- Bacon-wrapped prawns with chipotle....
- Chicken souvlaki sticks with yoghur...