1. Line a loaf tin with slightly greased cling film.
2. Melt the chocolate pieces in a bowl over simmering water, with half the butter.
3. Beat the remaining butter in a large mixing bowl, with the sugar.
4. Break the eggs and separate the yolk from the white.
5. Gradually add the egg yolks to the sugar and butter along with the brandy and cocoa powder.
6. Fold in the melted chocolate and the Picota® cherries.
7. Whisk the cream in a separate bowl, until it stiffens.
8. Then whisk the egg whites, in a separate bowl, until they form peaks.
9. Then fold the cream into the chocolate mixture until combined, then the egg whites making sure the mixture is even.
10. Pour the mixture into the loaf tin and cover it with cling film.
11. Place in the freezer for at least 5 hours, ideally overnight, until it becomes solid.