1) Preheat the oven to 180C/Gas 4. Lightly grease a 33-by-23 cm baking dish.
2) Add the bread cubes to a large bowl.
3) In a medium bowl, whisk together 360 ml of the cream, the milk, 225 g sugar, butter and eggs. Add the cream mixture to the bread cubes, stirring to combine. Let stand for 15 minutes. Stir in the chocolate and pecans. Spoon the mixture into the prepared baking dish. Drizzle with remaining 120 ml cream and sprinkle with remaining 2 tbsps sugar.
4) Bake until the centre is set, about 1 hour.
5) Serve with rum toffee sauce.Rum toffee sauce:
1) In a medium saucepan, combine the brown sugar and butter. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce the heat, stir in the cream and rum and simmer for 4 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Let cool.
The sauce can be stored, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.