Made this? How was it?
For the vanilla cupcakes:
- 375g flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 large eggs
- 400g sugar
- 250ml oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 245g sour cream
For the chocolate chip cannoli cream:
- 455g ricotta cheese
- 85g sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 85g dark chocolate chips
For the topping:
- 500ml cream
- 50g sugar
- 165g dark chocolate chips, for garnishing
How to make Chocolate chip cannoli cupcakes
To make the cupcakes:
1) Preheat the oven to 180C/Gas 4. Line the of standard-size cupcake tins with 24 paper cases.
2) Sift the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt in a bowl. Set aside. In a mixing bowl fitted with aattachment, beat the eggs and sugar until light in colour and fluffy. Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Add the oil and vanilla and mix until incorporated. Add the sour cream and mix until just incorporated. Add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture, and mix until just blended.
3) Fill the cupcake cases three-quarters full with batter and bake until cooked through and golden brown, 18 to 22 minutes. Cool completely on a rack.
For the filling and topping:
1) To make the chocolate chip cannoli cream, in a mixing bowl fitted with the attachment, beat the ricotta, sugar and vanilla on medium speed for about 5 minutes. Stir in the chocolate chips and set aside until ready to use.
2) To make the freshcream, beat the cream and sugar together in a mixing bowl fitted with a attachment until the cream stands in soft peaks.
3) Using a small knife, cut on an angle directly into top of the vanilla cupcake in a circular pattern, staying within the perimeter of the top, removing the inside of the cupcake in one piece. Using a spoon or small scoop, fill the inside of the cupcake with chocolate chip cannoli cream. Place the top of the cupcake back on, putting a little pressure so that the top is pressed into the cream, holding it in place.
4) Top with a dollop of freshcream and garnish with chocolate chips.
This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.
- Candied orange cannoli cupcakes
- Spicy double dark chocolate cupcake...
- Chocolate port cupcakes
- Chilli chocolate cupcakes
- Peaches 'n' Cream Cupcakes
- Banana toffee cupcakes
- 24 karrot gold cupcakes
- Peach-berry shortcake cupcakes
- Nostalgic popping candy cupcakes
- Pink grapefruit rosewater cupcakes ...
- Popcorn and peanut cupcakes
- Strawberry and goat's cheese cupcak...