1. Preheat the oven to 190 degrees C.
2. Mix the butter, brown sugar and white sugar until combined. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix together.
3. In a separate bowl, stir together the flour, salt, baking soda and instant coffee. Add to the wet ingredients in batches, mixing gently after each addition. Gently mix in the chocolate chips or chunks.
4. Thoroughly grease and flour a quarter sheet pan or a 9- by 13-inch baking pan. Spread the cookie dough into the pan, spreading out the surface.
5. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes until done (longer if needed to make sure it's set. (If doubling the recipe then increase the cooking time to 20 to 22 minutes.)
6. To serve, warm the hot fudge and caramel sauces. Place a square of cookie on a plate. Top with a scoop of ice cream, followed by drizzles of both hot fudge and caramel sauces. Finish with whipped cream and a cherry.