Serves: 3 to 4 dozen balls
For the cookie dough balls:
1. In an electric mixer, beat the butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, applesauce and vanilla together until smooth.
2. Sift the flour, baking soda and salt together, and with the mixer running, slowly add to the butter mixture.
3. Mix in the chocolate chips. Scoop out the batter using a mini ice cream scoop and roll it into balls.
4. Place the dough balls about an inch apart on a baking sheet lined with wax paper and transfer them to the freezer for 30 minutes to let the dough set up.
For the dipping chocolate:
1. While the dough is chilling, melt the chocolate wafers and chocolate-almond bark together in a heavy-bottomed saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly. Remove the chilled dough balls from the freezer.
2. Using two spoons, dip the balls one at a time in the melted chocolate, rolling them to coat fully. Returned the dough balls to the wax paper-lined baking sheet and refrigerate until set, about 30 minutes.
Store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.