1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line 4 sheet pans with parchment paper.
2. In a medium mixing bowl combine the flour with the salt and baking soda, and set aside.
3. In the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream the butter with the dark brown and granulated sugars until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well in between each addition, and then add the vanilla.
4. Turn the mixer down to a low speed and add the flour mixture in two parts. When incorporated, stir in the chocolate chips, coconut, quinoa and walnuts.
5. Scoop by rounded tablespoonful (a 1 1/2-tablespoon cookie scoop works well) onto the prepared sheet pans, leaving space between each scoop. One dozen cookies should fit in each pan. Refrigerate the pans for at least 30 minutes and up to overnight.
6. Bake until just golden at the edges, 12 to 14 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool completely on a wire rack.