Recipe by: Food Network Kitchens
More Recipes You May Like
- 6¼ oz (175g) plain flour
- 1½ oz (45g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 oz (60g) unsalted , melted
- 3 oz (85g) dark brown sugar
- 0.3 pt (190 ml) milk
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tsps pure vanilla essence
- 6¼ oz (175g) dark chocolate chips
- Serving suggestions: strawberry jam
- Special Equipment: 12 muffin-capacity baking tin, paper muffin liners, cooking spray
How to make Chocolate-chocolate chip muffins
1) Preheat the oven to 180C/Gas Mark 4.
2) Line the muffin tin with paper liners and lightly coat with cooking spray. This may seem like overkill, but otherwise the muffins will stick.
3) the flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl. In another medium bowl, lightly the eggs, then in the , brown sugar, milk, oil and vanilla.
4) Quickly fold the wet ingredients into the dry with a rubber spatula. Just before the batter comes together, fold in the chocolate chips but do not mix the batter too much or the muffins will be tough. Divide the batter among the muffin (60ml of batter per muffin). Bake until a tester inserted in the centre comes out clean, about 25 minutes. Turn the muffins out of the tins, cool on a rack. Serve slightly warm with jam.
Copyright 2005 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved.