Made this? How was it?
For the cake:
- 100g softened butter, plus extra for greasing
- 200ml milk
- 1tbsp red wine vinegar
- 140ml double cream
- 2tbsp sugar
- 2 whole eggs
- 300g self raising flour, sifted
- 50g cocoa powder, sifted
- 1tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 225g golden caster sugar
- 225g plain chocolate
For the cherry syrup:
- 200g fresh cherries, stoned
- 150ml Kirsch
- Squeeze of lime juice
- 100g plain chocolate
- 100g butter
- 50ml double cream
For the garnish:
- Punnet of clotted cream
How to make Chocolate fudge cake with rich cherry syrup
1) Preheat the oven to 180C/Gas 4. Grease a 20cm cake tin and line with greaseproof paper.
2) Mix the milk, vinegar and double cream in a bowl. Place all the other cake ingredients into a large mixing bowl, add to the wet ingredients and beat with an electric handuntil smooth. Pour the cake mixture into the prepared cake tin and bake for 1 hour .
3) Allow to cool, then remove the cake from the tin and place on a cooling rack.
4) For the syrup, mix the ingredients together. For the, melt the chocolate and butter in a bain-marie, then beat in the cream.
5) Cut the cake in half and drizzle the syrup over both of the cut sides. Spread the
- Roasted venison loin with braised r...
- Rib of beef
- Quail meatloaf on polenta and brais...
- Spicy double dark chocolate cupcake...
- Peach-berry shortcake cupcakes
- Ginger pear cake
- Seared Cajun swordfish and garlic m...
- Hopped-up on caffeine rich chocolat...
- Nalesniki, aka Crepes
- Smoked haddock with seared scallops...
- Caramel shortbread and chocolate ex...
- Pork fillet and cider apple gravy