1. Preheat the oven to 170°C/325°F/Gas Mark 3.
2. Pour the Guinness into a saucepan and add the Stork, gently heat until melted. Remove from heat and stir in the cocoa and sugar. Mix together the eggs, buttermilk and vanilla and then add to the pan.
3. Put the flour and the baking powder into a large bowl then whisk in the mix from the pan until smooth.
4. Pour the cake mix into your prepared tin and bake in the oven for 45 minutes or until cooked. Insert a skewer into the middle of the cake and if it comes out clean, the cake is cooked. Cool in the tin and then place on wire rack until cold.
5. To make the icing, place the icing ingredients in a bowl and mix until light and fluffy.
6. Spread the cake with the icing and finish with a light dusting of cocoa powder.
Don’t fancy beer in your cake or want to make it a bit more child friendly? You can substitute the Guinness for cola and it still makes a delicious, moist chocolate cake.
Recipe courtesy of Stork