Recipe by: Giada De Laurentiis
- 210g plain flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 120g chocolate hazelnut spread (recommended: Nutella)
- 115g butter, softened
- 100g sugar
- 90g light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 100g orange sprinkles, or orange sugar
- 1 (260g) package of chocolate candy kisses or chocolate buttons
How to make Chocolate hazelnut smooches
1) Preheat the oven to 190°C/ gas mark 5.
In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
2) In another medium bowl, place the chocolate hazelnut spread, butter, and both sugars. Using a hand mixer, cream the ingredients together, for about 3 minutes, until smooth.
3) Add the egg and vanilla anduntil incorporated.
4) Stir in the dry ingredients, until just incorporated.
5) Shape the cookie dough into walnut-sized balls. Rolls the balls in the orange sprinkles or orange sugar, pressing to coat.
5) Place the cookies on a heavy baking sheet about 10cm apart. Bake for 8 minutes.
5) Remove the cookies from the oven. Quickly place a chocolate kiss in the middle of each cookie. Return the cookies to the oven and bake for another 3 minutes. Cool the cookies on a wire rack.