2) When set, the pumpkin candies should pop out of the mould. You can serve them as they are or you can sandwich 2 together.
3) To sandwich them together, pipe a little of the white chocolate on the back of 1 piece and press another candy back-to-back. Let the chocolate harden.
4) To make the pumpkin candy dish, place some powdered orange food colour in a small bowl. Add a few tablespoons of cocoa butter to the food colour and stir until well combined. Use a pastry brush (or a clean paint brush used only for food, not for paint) to paint the inside of the mould (top and bottom) with the colour. Make sure the inside is completely coated. You can use a hairdryer to warm up the cocoa butter paint if it begins to cool.
5) Place the mould in the refrigerator for a few minutes until the cocoa butter sets.
6) Use a piping bag filled with dark chocolate to pipe the chocolate into the stem at the top of the mould. Allow the chocolate to set.
7) When the painted mould has set, use a ladle to completely fill each piece (the top and the bottom) of the mould with white chocolate. Tap the mould on the counter to encourage the air bubbles to depart.
9) When the mould is full, empty it into the bowl of chocolate. The inside of the mould should be evenly coated with chocolate. Scrape the mould clean with a spatula and place it upside down on a wire rack placed over a baking sheet. It may be necessary to give each mould more than one coat. This will make the candy dish stronger.
10) Once the chocolate starts to harden, about 5 minutes, scrape the edge clean with a chef's knife. When the chocolate sets, it shrinks or retracts from the sides of the mould. A clean edge will keep it from sticking and cracking as it shrinks. You can place the mould in the refrigerator for several minutes to help the chocolate to harden. Repeat with as many moolds as you would like to make.
11) Unmould the pumpkin candy dish. It should pop out of the mould. Fill the bottom of the mold with pumpkin candies. Place the top of the mould in place.
Whenever I use cocoa butter mixed with food colour, I like to use an electric yogurt maker. The yogurt maker will keep the cocoa butter melted. Leave the paints in the yogurt maker at the end of your project. When you are ready for the next project, just plug in the yogurt maker and, in 60 minutes, you are ready to go.
The pumpkin candies are made with a special Halloween transfer sheet. It is 3-dimensional and you will need to purchase it before you begin. You will also need to purchase the 3-dimensional pumpkin dish mould.