1) Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C/Gas Mark 4. In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Add remaining ingredients (with hot water and vodka set aside). Beat with electric mixer for 1 minute. Stop the mixer and scrape down the sides and bottom of mixing bowl with rubber spatula making sure to incorporate all ingredients. Add warm water and vodka slowly while mixing for one more minute or until smooth.
2) Line a 12 cup cupcake or muffin tin 3/4-full with batter. Bake until the cupcakes are puffed and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Cool the cupcakes completely.
For the raspberry filling:
1) Mix raspberry jam and vodka to an even consistency. (Add more vodka if desired)
For the chocolate icing:
1) Melt butter and stir in cocoa in a mixing bowl. Alternately add icing sugar and milk, beating on medium speed to spreading consistency. Add more milk, if needed. Stir in vanilla essence.
1) Core the cupcakes and add raspberry filling to top. Fill a pastry bag with chocolate icing and cut 1 1/4cm off the tip. Generously ice the cupcakes and garnish with fresh raspberries if desired.