- 3 lbs boneless pork loin roast
- 1 large sweet onions
- 1 to taste salt
- 1 to taste pepper
- 0.50 teaspoon garlic powder
- 12 ounces mango chutney
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon grainy mustard
- 0.50 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
How to make Chutney Pork Loin
- Wash roast and pat dry; trim excess fat.
- Put sliced onion in the bottom of a 5 to 7-quart slow cooker.
- Lightly salt and pepper the roast then rub with the garlic powder or fresh minced garlic.
- Place the roast in the slow cooker.
- Combine chutney, sugar, mustard, ginger, and curry powder; spoon over the roast.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 1 hour, then reduce to LOW and cook for 6 to 8 hours longer, or continue cooking on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours longer.
- The roast should register at least 160 degrees on an instant read thermometer or meat thermometer inserted in the center of the roast.
- Remove the roast from the crockpot and keep warm; pour juices into a medium saucepan. Simmer the juices for about 5 to 8 minutes to reduce by about one-third.
- Combine 1 tablespoon cornstarch with 1 tablespoon cold water, stirring until smooth.
- Stir the cornstarch mixture into the juices and continue cooking for about 1 minute, until thickened.
(Courtesy of Food.com)
- Warm Apple and Date Chutney
- Cranberry chutney
- Cranberry, apple and ginger chutney...
- Peach mustard chutney
- Pumpkin Chutney
- Coriander and Walnut Chutney
- Tomato and Ginger Chutney
- Pear and Cranberry Chutney
- Mango chutney cupcakes
- Chutney halloumi fritters with a ch...
- Apple and prune stuffed pork loin
- Herb-crusted pork loin