2) Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4. Remove the chicken from the marinade, reserving 60ml of the marinade for the glaze.
3) Put the chicken in a 23cm by 33cm pan. Bake in the oven for 45 minutes.
4) In the meantime, make the glaze. Heat the olive oil in a small saucepan set over medium-high heat. Add the shallots and ginger and fry for 3 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients, reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
5) Baste the chicken with the glaze, turn the pieces over and bake for an additional 15 to 25 minutes, basting every 7 minutes.
6) Remove the chicken from the oven, arrange it on a platter and serve at once.