Made this? How was it?
- 75g almonds
- 1L low-sodium chicken stock
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 380g brown basmati rice, rinsed
- 1 handful fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 medium orange, zested
- 1 lemon, zested
- 125g thinly green onions
For the vinaigrette:
- 8 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 tbsp fresh orange juice
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
How to make Citrus rice salad
1) For the Rice Salad: Place an oven rack in the centre of the oven. Preheat the oven to 180°C, gas mark 4. Arrange the almonds in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake for 5 to 6 minutes until lightly golden. Cool completely, about 15 minutes.
2) In a medium saucepan, bring the chicken stock, salt and oil to a boil over medium-high heat Stir in the rice. Cover the saucepan, reduce the heat, and simmer until all the liquid has been absorbed and the rice is tender, about 40 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and let sit for 5 minutes. Using a fork, fluff the rice and place in a large serving bowl. Add the parsley, orange zest, half of the lemon zest, green onions, and half the almonds. Toss well.
3) For the vinaigrette: In a blender, combine the olive oil, orange juice, lemon juice, soy sauce, honey, and cumin. until smooth. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
4) Pour the vinaigrette over the rice mixture and stir well. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Garnish with the remaining lemon zest and almonds.
- Fregola salad with fresh citrus and...
- Skewered Greek Salad
- Israeli couscous with apples, cranb...
- Tri-colore orzo
- Garlic and citrus chicken
- Basic polenta
- Grilled Asparagus and Melon Salad
- Corn and Black Bean Salad with Basi...
- Bibb Salad with Parmesan Butter Cro...
- Chickpea and Courgette Salad
- Farro with Coarse Pesto
- Fresh Mushroom and Parsley Salad