For the croutons:
1) Preheat oven to 180°C.
2) Toss bread cubes with olive oil, salt and pepper and place on a baking tray. Bake until croutons are golden and crisp, about eight minutes. Remove from oven, and allow to cool completely.
For the bacon bits:
1) Spray a nonstick pan with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Add bacon and cook until crisp, stirring frequently, about 4 to 5 minutes.
2) Allow to cool.
For the dressing:
1) Combine the yoghurt, mayonnaise, ketchup, vinegar and gherkins in a bowl and stir to incorporate. Season with salt, to taste.
For the salad:
1) Toss the lettuce, tomato, onion, and cucumber in a large salad bowl with the dressing.
2) Top with croutons, bacon bits, sliced chicken and serve.
Calories 290; Total Fat 11 g; (Sat Fat 2 g, Mono Fat 4 g, Poly Fat 4 g) ; Protein 29 g; Carb 20 g; Fiber 4 g; Cholesterol 63 mg; Sodium 765 mg
Excellent source of: Protein, Vitamin A, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Vitamin C, Phosphorus, Selenium
Good source of: Fiber, Thiamin, Calcium, Iron, Manganese, Potassium