1. First, make the pastry by creaming together the butter and sugar until pale.
2. Add the egg yolk mixing well. Gradually add the flour until a paste is formed. Wrap in cling film and chill for 2 hours before use.
3. Roll out thinly and line an 8” tart ring over lapping the pastry around the outside of the tart ring. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
4. Bake the lined tart blind for 20 to 30 minutes at 180°C. remove the baking beans or cling film with rice and bake until the base is lightly golden.
5. For the filling, chop the chocolate into small even sized pieces. Bring the water, coconut cream, vinegar and sugar to the simmer then pour on to the chocolate whisking well until glossy and smooth.
6. Pour the ganache into the cold blind baked tart ring and refrigerate for 2 hours. Once set remove from the fridge and trim off the over lapped pastry for the edge of the tart. Finish the top of the tart with coconut praline pieces.
7. To make the coconut praline slowly caramelize the golden caster sugar in a medium saucepan. Meanwhile toast the coconut curls/flakes in the oven until golden. Mix the coconut and caramel together and pour onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet and allow to set fully until cold.
8. Chop or break small shards of praline and scatter over the tart. Bring the two ingredients to the simmer for 3 minutes. Add the chocolate and whisk well. Allow the syrup to cool then mix well and serve with a slice of tart and a fresh infusion of Chinese green tea.
Recipe courtesy of Paul A Young