Made this? How was it?
- 450ml hot water, for the gelatine
- 1 large (170g) pack raspberry gelatine
- 450ml cold water, for the gelatine
- 450g fresh raspberries, washed
- 12 ladyfingers
- 60ml sherry
- 180g sweetened dessicated coconut
- 900g prepared vanilla pudding (most markets will sell pudding in the deli or dairy section)
- 450ml double cream
- 60g dark chocolate, shaved
- Glace cherries, optional, for garnish
How to make Coconut-cream trifle
1) In a medium saucepan have 450ml of water boiling. Place gelatin into a medium heat-proof bowl or large heat-proof measuring. Pour the hot water over the gelatine. Stir to make sure it dissolves. Add 450ml of cold water to the gelatin. Place the raspberries in the bottom of a 2L trifle bowl. Pour the gelatin over the raspberries and place it in the refrigerator to set completely, about 4 hrs.
2) Once the jelly is set, soak the ladyfingers in a baking dish with the sherry, coating both sides until saturated but still firm. Lay a row of ladyfingers over the top of the gelatine. Stir the coconut into the pudding and layer it over the ladyfingers.the cream until stiff then carefully smear on top of the pudding. Decorate with chocolate shavings and cherries. Serve right away or keep refrigerated until ready to eat.
- Banoffee Pie
- Cookie and pecan bars
- Raspberry and sherry trifle
- Summer pudding with rum whipped cre...
- Strawberry Pimm's Trifle
- Crusted rack of lamb with jus and b...
- Cannoli with chocolate drizzle
- Melted white chocolate sauce with b...
- Shepherd's pie from leftover roast....
- Cambridge burnt cream
- Lemon curd tart
- Arroz con leche