Coconut Crème Caramel
Get the perfect wobble in your crème caramel with the coconut version.
2) Place sugar in a small saucepan and gently add the water and lemon juice. Do not stir. Bring the saucepan to a boil over medium-high heat, without stirring, until the mixture turns golden brown. Divide the caramel among 4 ramekins, filling them 1/4 of the way up.
3) Beat the eggs in a large mixing bowl. Add the remaining ingredients and blend until combined. Pour the custard into the ramekins on top of the caramel.
4) Place the ramekins in a large roasting pan or baking dish and carefully pour hot water into the pan around them, 1/2 way up their sides, to make a water bath.
5) Bake in a preheated oven for 20 minutes until the flan starts to wiggle in the ramekins when gently shaken.
6) Remove the ramekins from the water bath and chill them in the refrigerator for 2 hours before serving.
7) Run knife around the edge of the ramekins. Invert on a plate and garnish with berries; serve.