Made this? How was it?
- 210g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 0.25 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp fine salt
- 175g unsalted , slightly softened
- 145g soft light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 80g sweetened desiccated coconut
- 80g old fashioned rolled oats
- 110g unsalted roasted, skinless peanuts
How to make Coconut-peanut biscuits: Galletas Maria
1) Position 2 racks in the middle of the oven and preheat the oven to 200C/Gas 6. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. (If you only have 1 baking sheet, let it cool completely between batches.)
2)the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt together in a medium bowl.
3) Melt thein medium saucepan over low heat. Remove the pan from the heat, and stir in the brown sugar with a wooden spoon. (The sugar will get soft and saucy, but there may still be a layer of on top; don't worry, the mixture comes together as you add the rest of the ingredients.)
4) Stir in the egg, then the flour mixture, taking care not to overmix. Stir in the coconut, oats and nuts to make a textured biscuit dough. Set aside to cool to room temperature, about 30 mins.
5) Using a tablespoon-sized ice cream scoop (#60), scoop balls of the dough onto the prepared pans, arranging them about 6cm apart. Bake until the biscuits are golden brown with toasted edges, about 12 mins.
6) Cool the biscuits in the pans for a couple of minutes, then transfer with a spatula to racks to cool. Serve.
Busy Baker's Tips: You can store unshaped dough for up to 3 days in the refrigerator.
Store the biscuits in airtight containers for up to a week. Freeze for 1 month for longer storage.