Made this? How was it?
- 5cm piece of root ginger, peeled and very finely
- 200g basmati rice, rinsed well under cold water
- 250ml water
- 250ml coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- Small handful cashew nuts
- Small handful coriander, roughly
How to make Coconut rice
1) Melt thein a medium saucepan over a medium/high heat. Add the ginger and fry gently for 1 to 2 minutes, until fragrant. Add the rice, water, coconut milk and salt. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 12 to 15 minutes, until the liquid has been absorbed, 15 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes off the heat; fluff with a fork. Garnish with coriander and cashews.