1) Heat the oil in a casserole or large wide pan and fry the lardons until crisp.
2) Add the sliced leeks and soften them with the lardons for a minute or so.
3) Tip in the chicken thighs, bay leaves, torn mushrooms and wine.
4) Season with salt and pepper and bring to the boil, cover the pan and simmer gently for an hour.
5) Like all stews this tastes its mellowest best if you let it get cold and then reheat the next day. But it's no hardship to eat straight off. Whichever, serve sprinkled with dill and with some buttered noodles, if using.
Recipe from Nigella Express by Nigella Lawson (published by Chatto & Windus) Visit Nigella's site.