1. For the dough, mix together then flour and salt, then add the hot water a little at a time, and bring together to form a fairly soft dough.
2. Knead it on the countertop for a few minutes, until smooth, then cover in cling film and rest it for 30 minutes. Beat the chilli, coriander and garlic into the butter until well mixed.
3. Cut the dough into 6 and roll one portion out into a circle as thin as you can, using flour to prevent it sticking.
4. Spread with some of the butter, and then bring the top down into the centre and the bottom up into the centre so that you have a long rectangle with rounded edges. Spread over a little more butter mix, and then fold the rounded edges into the centre.
5. Flour the countertop with plenty of flour and roll out the paratha until it’s about 3mm thick.
6. Heat a dry griddle pan over a high heat, until hot then fry the paratha on either side for about 1 minute, until charred.
7. Remove from the pan and crush the flatbread from the edges into the centre to separate those buttery layers.