1) Fill a large pot with water and salt, and bring it to a boil. Place shucked corn in boiling water and blanch the corn for 3 minutes until bright yellow. Then toss the corn into an ice bath.
2) In the same water used for blanching the corn, blanch the asparagus for 1 minute and toss into the ice bath.
3) For the corn, once cooled, remove the kernels off the cob with a sharp knife and cut the asparagus into 2.5cm angled sections. Place both the corn and asparagus into a medium-sized bowl.
4) In another medium size bowl, mix together the sugar, vinegar, salt and pepper. Drizzle over corn and asparagus.
5) Mix salad together well and chill or serve at room temperature.