2) Add all ingredients to a stand mixer starting with the dry cornbread. Start mixing on the slowest speed until the mixture reaches a semi-liquid consistency about 3 to 5 minutes.
3) Increase mixing speed to medium and continue mixing until the mixture reaches a uniform liquid consistency (Note: some corn kernels will remain visible). The pancake batter cornbread mixture is now ready for baking.
4) Fill the paper baking cases 2/3 full. We use an ice cream scooper for measuring and to help extract the corn kernels.
5) Bake for 25 minutes in a preheated oven or until the outer edge of the cornbread is golden brown. They can be baked a couple of minutes longer to increase the golden brown colour to cover the entire top, if preferred.
6) Enjoy with your favourite BBQ sauce or as is, butter is rarely requested!
This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The FN chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore we cannot make any representation as to the results.