- 0.25 lb salt pork
- 0.50 lb chicken livers
- 0.50 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 lb ground pork
- 2 tablespoons cognac
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 2 teaspoons herbes de provence
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 0.25 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 0.50 teaspoon salt
- 0.50 teaspoon pepper
- 8 prosciutto
How to make Country Pate
- In food processor, pulse the salt pork, chicken livers and chicken meat until it forms a slightly grainy puree.
- In a bowl, combine all of the meat, spirits, herbs and spices. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spray a 9" X 5" loaf pan with cooking spray and line the pan with 6 of the prosciutto slices. Spoon the meat mixture into the pan. Cover with the remaining prosciutto slices and press lightly. Cover with aluminum foil. Refrigerate for one h
- With a rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Set the loaf pan in a baking dish. Pour boiling water into the dish until it reaches halfway up the side of the loaf pan.
- Bake until a thermometer inserted into the center reads 165 F, about 1 1/2 hours. Allow the pate to cool in the water. Remove from the water and refrigerate for at least 3 hours, preferably overnight.
- Served chilled or at room temperature with slices of French bread.
(Courtesy of Food.com)