Add depth of flavour to an array of slow-cooked meals with Knorr Stock Pots. Available in a range of flavours, from Chicken to Beef and Vegetable to Herb Infusion, these stock pots are quick and easy to use, melting in minutes.
2) Cut the meat with the grain into 1cm thick slices and season on both sides with salt and pepper. Place the flour into a pie dish.
3) Dredge the pieces of meat on both sides in the flour. Tenderize the meat, using a needling device, until each slice is 0.5cm thick. Dredge in the flour again and set aside.
4) Add enough of the vegetable oil or bacon fat to just cover the bottom of a 4 to 5 litre casserole dish set over medium-high heat. Once the oil begins to shimmer, add the steaks to the pan, being careful not to overcrowd. Cook until golden brown on both sides, approximately 2 minutes per side. Remove the steaks to a plate and repeat until all of the steaks have been browned.
5) Remove the last steaks from the pot and add the chicken broth and thyme and whisk until the liquid just comes to a boil. Return the steaks to the pot and make sure they are all submerged in the liquid.
6) Cover the pot and place it in the oven on the middle rack. Cook for 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until the meat is tender and falling apart. Serve warm.