For the hollandaise sauce:
1) Combine all ingredients, except the vinegar, in the top of a double boiler, over boiling water. Whisk until thick, approximately 3 minutes; set aside until ready to use.
2) Do not reheat or cover the pot. Thin, if needed with a little chicken broth. Stir in the vinegar.
For the poached eggs:
1) Bring the water, vinegar and salt to a low simmer in a medium saucepan.
2) Crack an egg into a small ramekin and gently slide the egg into the water. Crack another egg into the same cup and while the water returns to a low simmer, slide the second egg into the water. Repeat. Let lowly simmer until the eggs are set. This will take about 2 to 3 minutes for soft runny yolks.
3) Remove with a slotted spoon onto a paper towel lined plate.