- 1.25 natural yoghurt
- 3 fresh cranberries
- 3 frozen cranberries
- 0.75 sugar
- 0.75 Splenda granular
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 0.13 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 0.13 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatine
- 3 tablespoons half-and-half
- 3 tablespoons single cream
- 2 angel food cake
- 0.50 topping
How to make Cranberry Angel Parfaits
- Line a strainer with four layers of cheesecloth and put atop a clean bowl. Add yogurt and cover with corners of cheesecloth. Refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- Combine cranberries, sugar and the 1/2 cup water in a large saucepan; cook over med heat 15 minutes until berries pop. Set aside 1/3 cup berries to use as garnish later on and refrigerate. Mash and strain remaining cranberry mixture, discarding pulp. S
- Remove yogurt from cheesecloth and throw away the liquid which has collected in the bowl. Sprinkle the gelatin over the 2 tbsp water in a small saucepan. and let stand for 1 minute. Cook over low heat, (if mixture boils, gelatin will not set properly)
- Assembling the parfaits:
- Put 2 tbsp gelatin mixture in each of the parfait glasses and top each with 1/4 cup cake cubes. Repeat these two layers and top with remaining gelatin mixture. You should have gelatin-cake-gelatin-cake-gelatin. Cover. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours,
(Courtesy of Food.com)
- Chocolate angel food cake and raspb...
- Lemon angel food cake
- Fillet of beef with potato cake and...
- Cranberry orange parfait
- Rob Roy
- Chilli rubbed salmon
- Grilled beef fillet
- Boneless pork chop with red wine cr...
- Beef fillets with 2 sauces: horsera...
- Chilli verde
- North Atlantic pan seared cod with....
- Jimbo's hambo with griddled fruit s...