Made this? How was it?
- 115g unsalted butter
- 1 medium onion,
- 2 stalks celery (with leaves),
- 3 medium carrots,
- 80g plain flour
- 1.65L chicken stock, homemade or low-sodium tinned
- 3 sprigs parsley
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 415g cooked, chicken
- 120ml double cream
- 2 1/2 tsp dry sherry
- 1 tbsp salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 10g flat-leaf parsley
How to make Cream of chicken soup
1) Melt the butter in a large soup pot over medium heat. Add the onion, celery, and carrots and cook, covered, stirring occasionally, until soft, about 12 minutes. Add the flour and cook, stirring with a wooden spoon, for two minutes more.
2) Pour in the stock and bring to a boil while constantly. Tie the parsley sprigs, thyme, and bay leaf together with a piece of kitchen twine and add to the soup. Lower the heat and simmer for 15 mins.
3) Stir in the chicken and bring to a boil. Remove from the heat.
4) the double cream, sherry, and salt into the soup and season with pepper to taste. Remove and discard the herb bundle. Divide among soup bowls, sprinkle the top of each soup with the parsley and serve immediately.
- Chinese-style rice soup with chicke...
- Peanut soup
- Chicken Noodle Soup
- Chilli rubbed pork tenderloin with....
- Yellow pepper soup
- Chicken a la king
- Chicken with apple, onion and cider...
- Chicken and gnocchi soup
- Chicken and pasta soup
- Black bean soup with mojo
- Butternut squash soup
- Chicken and rice soup