Age Restricted Content
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 900g russet potatoes, peeled and
- 2 medium courgette,
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp. fresh rosemary leaves, plus leaves, for garnish
- 60g Parmesan, plus 1 tablespoon
- 60g seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 2 tsp. salt, plus extra for seasoning
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper, plus extra for seasoning
- 3 tbsp. vegetable oil
- Olive oil, for drizzling
- 340g mascarpone cheese, at room temperature
How to make Crispy courgette and potato pancakes
1) Place an oven rack in the centre of the oven. Preheat the oven to 220C/Gas 8. Spray a baking sheet, liberally, with vegetable cooking spray. Set aside.
2) Lay the potatoes and courgette on 2 kitchen towels. Bring the corners of the towels together and squeeze out the moisture from the vegetables. Place the vegetables in a large bowl. Add the garlic, rosemary, 60g Parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, egg whites, salt, and pepper. Mix well until all ingredients are combined.
3) In a 30cm non-stick skillet, heat the vegetable oil over medium heat. Add the vegetable mixture to the pan. Using a spatula, press the mixture evenly into the pan. Drizzle the top with olive oil and sprinkle with the remaining 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese. Cook for 8 minutes or until the edges of the mixture begin to brown. Slide the pancake, cooked side down, onto the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the top of the pancake starts to brown and the edges are crispy.
4) In a small bowl, beat the mascarpone until smooth and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
5) Cut the pancake into 4cm squares and arrange on a serving platter. or spoon the seasoned mascarpone on top and garnish with a few fresh rosemary leaves.