- 0.50 lb bacon
- 6 chicken thigh
- 1 pearl barley
- 2 chicken broth
- 1 leeks
- 1 carrots
- 0.50 celery
- 2 tablespoons herbes de provence
- 1 water
- 1 to taste salt and pepper
How to make Crock Pot French-Ish Chicken & Barley
- In heavy skillet, on low heat, cook diced bacon slowly until very crisp. Drain & set aside. Reserve 1/2c drippings!
- In a medium saucepan, bring 2c chicken broth & 1c barley to a boil. Reduce heat & simmer about 20 minutes until soft & liquid is absorbed. Set aside.
- Season chicken thighs with salt & pepper. Fry in bacon fat, on medium low heat, skin side down, until very browned. Turn & cook 5 minutes longer. Set aside.
- Saute chopped leeks, carrots & celery in drippings. Add Herbs de Provence.
- Put sauteed vegetables into crock pot. Add cooked barley. Add 1c barley & stir. Place chicken on top.
- Cook on high 1 hours until chicken is thoroughly cooked. Add reserved crispy bacon, stir, cook another 15 minutes.
(Courtesy of Food.com)
- Maple Cream Cheese Pots de Creme
- Lentil sausage soup
- Coq Au Vin
- Spiced Red Wine-Poached Pears
- Saffron Poached Pears with Chocolat...
- Pecan dusted puff pastry caramelise...
- Pear clafouti
- Caramelised Pears and Goats' Cheese...
- Coq au vin
- Cafe au lait pots de creme
- Baby Leaf Salad with Bacon
- Beef bourguignon